Sender:
From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 1994 10:48:03 EST
UMass-Lowell took 3 out of 4 points with the BC Eagles this past weekend.
After tying BC 3-3 at Conte Forum, they returned to home ice and won 4-1
Saturday.   This, coupled with Maine's two losses this weekend, tightens
UML's hold on second place in Hockey East.  The Chiefs will play first-place
Boston University in a big home and home series this week (Wed night at
Tully, Friday night at BU).  They have gone 5-0-3 since their last
meeting with BU right after the Christmas break.

I missed the first period of the game because my son had a game of his own,
but it was 0-0 going into the second period.  The second featured rather
evenly matched play between the two teams, but BC led 1-0 going into the third
by virtue of a soft goal, a harmless looking wrister from the blueline.  Now
that Rollie has popped in with a message on HOCKEY-L, I feel uncomfortable
calling it a soft goal, but I'm quite sure that he'd agree.  He's a heckuva
goalie, but usually that one is an easy save.  It would have been
very unfortunate for the Chiefs if that tally had held up.

That turned out not to be the case, though, as Mass-Lowell owned the third
period scoring four unanswered goals for a solid 4-1 win.  I left my sheet
of notes in the car (which is at the garage -- ice in the starter has ruined
it -- is there anyone else that wants the hockey season to continue but winter
to get lost?) so I can only go from memory and say that Bazin got
one goal, Shane Henry got another and assisted on at least one more, and
from there on it gets iffy.  Maybe Barrazino with a goal?  Geez, it's a shock
when I can remember my own name.

One matter of BIG concern is that Bullock did not dress for the game (and I
presume the same was true for Friday night's game at Conte, unless he played
and reinjured his shoulder).  His availability for the games against BU will
be very important.  We'll need all the guns we can muster for those guys.

BTW, I probably won't be doing a game report for Wednesday night's game against
BU since I'm having knee surgery that afternoon and won't be waking up from
the anesthesia until two hours before game time.  I'd still like to make
it to such a big game, but everyone I talk to thinks I'm nuts. ANd I definitely
won't be at the Friday game since my son (aka Mini-Mini-Cam) has a tournament
in Vermont.