Sender:
From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 12:23:17 EST
Just a (not so) memorable moment from Hockey East.....

While walking to a reception following the BU win over UNH last Saturday, I
noticed a young friend of mine favoring his shoulder.  I asked him what was
wrong and his reply disgusted me.

When the BU players were leaving the ice Saturday night, Patrick asked of
Jacques (and his rather large nose), "Are you going to build a ski lodge with
that nose?"  Instead of taking the customary action and letting the comment of
a young fan pass, Mr. Joubert found it necessary to slash Patrick in the
shoulder and retreat to the locker room.

Maybe I'm not getting out enough, or maybe I've grown to believe that DIV. I
hockey players are like those at UNH--fine athletes and examples to all of the
young fans who follow them.  Either way, this was not a proud moment for
Mr. Joubert or the B.U. Hockey team he represents.  Rather than slashing
this 11-year-old, Mr. Joubert could learn from Patrick who summarized the
incident by saying, "I can't help it if the guy's an idiot."

Well put, Patrick.  'Nuf said.

 H. M. Quimby   D/471                                    [log in to unmask]
 GD - Electric Boat Division                             [log in to unmask]
 75 Eastern Point Road                                   [log in to unmask]
 Groton, CT  06340                                       (203) 433-3465