Sender:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 1994 16:08:59 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
The NC$$ still has not reached a verdict on this case.  In articles
last month in the Portland Press Herald it was estimated to be
6-8 weeks before a decision is made, so it should be coming up soon.
However, even if the NC$$ makes Maine forfeit the 3 games, HE can
make their own decision on conference points, quite possibly taking
the 6 points away from Maine, but not awarding them to Providence.
It is my belief that there is a lot more going on here than just the
issue surrounding Jeff Tory's eligibility status, but thats only
a guess, not a fact.  I am sure that when the NC$$ makes theirdecision
public there will be a great deal of attention given to it; but for right
now the press and public, around here anyway, are treating it like a
dead story.

         John Forsyth
         February 19, 1993: A date which shall live in infamy.
         1991-1993:  73-5-2, 2 rings and an NCAA title.