Sender:
From:
Steve Gallichio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1993 13:15:15 EST
Johanna M. Wise <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Many worse things have happened to college coaches, and, truly, many
> college coaches have been cited for far more serious offenses. (I wouldnt
> even call the Tory  "incident" an offense at all). I wont name any teams,
> but some include paying their players, taking under-the-table funding,
> illegal team advertising, and a variety of others.
>
> This "case" is by no means at that level, and therefore any penalty or threat
> to Coach Walsh is uncalled for.

That's one heckuva straw man you just put up there: Throwing out the
unnamed boogeyman coaches with the (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) dastardly
methods; and then excusing any alleged violations by Coach Walsh by
explaining them as tame in comparison. Well done.

>                               I dont think I need to say any more, except
> this incident is being blown way out of proportion, caused probably by the
> jealousy of those less fortunate in post-season play.

Ah...thanks. Up until this point in the post, I actually thought you were
serious.

-SG