Sender:
From:
Thomas Rowe - Stevens Point <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1993 13:03:05 -0500
With all the talk about the officials and with the model of the ceramic
dalmation, maybe we should have a contest for the worst officiating.  We could
present a certificate of accomplishment to the winning ref from the Helen
Keller School of Creative Officiating.  ;-)

Seriously, does this ref bashing do any good?  No doubt some are better than
others, but we also are going to like the calls against the opposition better
than those against us and we are going to remember the bad calls a lot longer
than we will the good calls.  Unless there is some objective way of evaluating
their performance that would allow you to fire bad refs (and reward good ones)
then this is just all another form of wuffing.