Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1993 10:05:20 -0400
The East won the gold medal yesterday 6-5 in OT in the olympic
festival, before a record crowd.

I don't have many details, but MTU's incoming freshman Jeff Mikesch (brother
   of last seasons freshman sensation Pat Mikesch) had a goal and  2 assists
   in the week long tournament.

Thanks for the description of the new areana Erik, maybe Hockey-l has
   entered a new era as well, before you know it we will be getting press
   passes to cover the events! ;-)   Looking forward to seeing the new arena
   when we come to play the FIRST Collegiate hockey game there on October 15th
    I'm working on setting up a bus trip from houghton to Minneapolis for the
    game.

Bob