Sender:
From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 91 12:08:00 -0700
The WCHA report didn't list saturday's CC score. CC won, i think 3 to 2.

In a disappointing weekend Air Force dropped 2 to Vermont, the Air Force
Junior Varsity beat the Denver Bisons and the DU club team, and my son's
team went to a scoreless tie between periods of the Saturday Air Force
game and lost 11 - 1 in their sunday game. Jon (my son) although letting
in 11, made 39 saves.

On to the real stuff.  Air Force outplayed Vermont most of friday, but
came up against a spectacular effort by UVM's substitute goaltender and
some strange bounces of the puck. They lost 5 - 2 with an empty net goal
at the end.  Saturday, they held a 4 - 1 lead midway through the third period
and UVM got 6 unanswered goals in the last 10 minutes (the final one also
an empty netter) to take the sweep.  A UVM player was quoted in the paper
as saying Air Force deserved at least one win out of the weekend.

Referee Jim Burlew did not call these games as consistently as he has
called games in the past.  He seemed to let biggies go by and whistle the more
trivial infractions.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  ..!{ucar|nbires}!boulder!cdash
  or even     cdash@colospgs (BITNET)     -or-  (719) 593-3492