Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1993 02:05:53 EST
>THESE ARE THE POLLS RELEASED BY THE NC$$
>
>DIVISION II
>1) Bemidji State        10-4
>2) Mercyhurst           7-6
>3) Alabama-Huntsville   4-8
>4) Mankato St           3-7-2
>5) American Intn'l      6-5-2

Interesting, since the top two teams at the end of the year will be chosen
to play for the DivII national title.  Bemidji hasn't played any DivI
teams, nor do I think they have played any of the DivII teams.  Mercyhurst
has beaten UAH and handed the top DivIII West team, Wis-Stevens Point, its
only loss of the year.  Mankato has a weaker record but has played a tougher
schedule.  It sure will be odd if Bemidji makes the "Final Two" without
having played a single game against a DivI or DivII team.  I know they're
not scheduled to play either Mankato or UAH this year; Mankato and UAH will
play four head-to-head games over the remainder of the season, though,
which should do it for games among the top 5 DivII teams.

Anyone on here from Bemidji or who knows their schedule?  I have Mankato
and UAH's schedules and most scores.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*