Sender:
From:
Larry Winer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 23:18:14 EST
In a message dated 11/8/99 8:55:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< You should do a little less "guessing".  I'm an expat US person who took
 out Canadian citizenship (proudly-which reflects my US heritage).  There
 is a big difference between Americans and Canadians, but most Canadians
 are too polite to point them out.

 One aspect of Canadian culture, for sure, is that we don't want to be
 assimilated into US culture and we don't appreciate Americans who say,
 often with good will, "You're so much like us."  That's an insult for
 most, but again, they'll be too polite to say so.

I cannot help but note this sad commentary from an "expatriate". Which
Canada? Western Canada- Ontario-French Canada- Maritimes-
at last true colors come out? When Canada finally implodes from its internal
and eternal Anglo-French divisions - ?

Mr. Berman- people have voted with their feet!-how many Americans become
Canadians (Canadians) vs. how many Canucks become Yankees?

No slight to Canada- but it is not America- but a country that is still
searching for an identity other than to say- "they are not Yankees". Spare
the ad hominem attacks and spare the "Go BU" after all it is in Boston USA