Sender:
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1992 18:44:58 EST
     I think Mike Noeth did a good job in handing out
 penalties for the several altercations, i.e. mostly roughing minors or
 double minors. I do however think that one major should have be given
 to the RIT player who dropped his gloves and threw about 15 uppercuts
 at Rick Borina. Borina was obviously trying to hold on, and when I spoke
 to him after the game he told me that he was just trying to not get hit
 and then said to Noeth something like "Hey, I'm not throwing any punches. I
 don't want to get a game DQ".  It's bad enough that the game was played,
 but to have players get a game DQ for a non league fight is worse.
    Hats off to Noeth for not being an ego maniac and wrecking the
  RPI / Union game for guys like Borina, Vaillant etc. by giving them
  5 min for fighting!
                     -Tony