Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1992 11:29:08 -0500
UWSP Hockey gets back on its feet with a sweep of RIT in a penalty-
marred game.

     RIT Tigers          0    0    1         1
     UWSP Pointers       1    6    0         7

Scoring by periods:
1    06:22     POINT     Marsan (Conrad, Marshall)

2    00:50     POINT     Marshall (Caufield)      Power Play
     02:12     POINT     Teece (Zowin, Horbach)
     04:21     POINT     Strapon (Hale, Dimitri)  5/3 PP
     05:33     POINT     Krueger (Tretter, Conrad) 5/3 PP
     06:34     POINT     Teece (Zowin, Cirone)
     18:23     POINT     Passini (Tretter)

3    12:18     RIT       Smith (Supryka, Heaney) 5/3 PP

RIT started Szazynski in goal and pulled him after the 5th Pointer
goal, playing Barnett (who played Friday night) the rest of the
way.  It wasn't that Szazynski played so poorly - notice that 3 of
the 5 goals were power plays, two of them being 5 on 3 power plays.
Ketola played goal for Point and came up big a number of times.
BTW, Chin was in goal for Point on Friday.

Despite the score, I thought this was a better hockey game than
Friday night.  RIT skated better and, except for the first half of
period 2, played fairly evenly with Point.  I am not going to list
all the penalties unless someone wants them.  Point took 18(!)
penalties giving RIT 12 power play opportunities (and their one
goal was a 5 on 3 power play) while RIT was whistled for 16
penalties.  Point was 3 for 10 on the power play, still a little
down from their season average.  Both teams finished with 3 on 3
hockey.

If the paper has more details tonight (e.g., shots on goal) I'll
post an update.

Tom Rowe                              Internet: [log in to unmask]
Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation
          Henry Kissinger