Sender:
From:
Russ Bone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 21:11:37 -0700
As reported, his injury was a concussion.  The seriousness of it,
however, was complicated by the fact that it came on top of another
concussion he suffered a couple of weeks ago at Michigan Tech.  I spoke
with his mother this weekend (prior to the re-injury), and she said that
there were times that he still experienced some symptoms of the prior
concussion, and would be used sparingly against the hard-hitting Sioux.
Apparently, sparing use was even too much.

Along the same lines, injuries have taken a real toll on CC this year.
They have potentially lost two experienced players for the season to
concussions.  Co-captain Chad Hartnell has been playing at less than
100% all season long with a knee injury.  With a young team, these
injuries have really put a dent in the team.  A big win against ND shows
that there is still some tremendous talent on this team, but
inconsistency has haunted them all year long.  I keep waiting for that
one good game that will set them on the right track to play to their
abilities the rest of the way, but I'm afraid that they will have some
inconsistency the rest of the way.  The good sign is that, despite
dropping the first game of a few series' this year, they still have a
streak of 57 consecutive series' without being swept!