Sender:
From:
"Kevin B. Powers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 14:24:12 -0500
On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, William E. Corrigan, Jr. wrote:

> I don't rember that the RPI/Houston Fieldhose ever had a
> centerhung, four-sided scoreboard, but perhaps there was one immediately
> following the renovation and then they went to the present set-up after a
> brief experiment.

I was told by a co-worker, who attended RPI at the time of the
Fieldhouse renovation or shortly after, that the new roof trusses were
not designed to carry the load of a centerhung scoreboard, so one was never
installed.

Can anyone confirm this?

Ironic for an engineering school, but a least they were smart enough not
to try.62q

Kevin Powers