Sender:
From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 10:27:32 -0500
--- Forwarded mail from "Lisa M. Peacock" <[log in to unmask]>

Can anyone think of a better time for LSSU to loose two games?  Kudos to
WMU and BGSU for a great weekend series.

Is there any team who would like to take on LSSU in February or March?? I
would like to hear response.  Can there be a better team during that time
of year?  If so, please provide facts......

Go Lakers, the best NCAA Div I team in the 90's,

---End of forwarded mail from "Lisa M. Peacock" <[log in to unmask]>

Funny thing, these are the same things I've been saying to myself since
I found out about LSSU's weekend.  Trying to ease the pain I guess.

There is no doubt that LSSU has established a tradition of finishing
the season strong, especially in the CCHA and NC$$ tournaments.  In fact,
last year they had a horrible start and still did well enough in the
late season to win the CCHA tournament and do well in the NC$$
until running into the eventual national champions.  However, the
more sobering facet of this weekend is the loss of John Grahame in
goal for 4-6 weeks.  The Lakers have a strong backup in Sean Kulick but
Grahame was their money man.  I guess it's times like these that
determine which teams have character and which are just riding a streak.

I think it's important to remember that the games this weekend were close
losses to very good teams.  In fact, from what I can tell, the Lakers
started strong in both games but gave up too many goals late in the
game.  Which brings up another point: when I saw the LSSU/St. Lawrence
series I thought the defense looked a little soft.  That will have to
tighten up significantly to make up for the loss of Grahame.

I agree with Lisa in that I would much rather take losses now as
opposed to later in the season.  The real proof is in how the Lakers
respond to what appear to be fairly major setbacks.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94