Sender:
From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 16:14:05 -0500
We have a statistic for determining best goalie.  It's the
save percentage.

I will agree that a better team defense will tend to clear
away the goaltender's rebounds more frequently, and
drive the opponents out of the slot, thus cutting down on
more dangerous shots.  But in the absense of any other
objective number, I'm willing to call the guy with the best
save percentage the best goalie in the NCAA.

And that would be...

I dunno.  He sure aint wearin' Carnelian red  :^(

Greg
Malden, MA
Let's Go Red!

p.s.  And anyway, it's ridiculous to even nominate a guy
with a .875 SvPct as the best in the land.