Sender:
From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 13:22:39 -0500

 > Bill wrote:
>> ...but on the strength of a weekend sweep at defending national
>> champion Lake Superior State, Michigan surges past Colorado College
>> into the HOCKEY-L poll runner-up spot.

 > Well, CC's failure to remember that the series at Wisconsin was 2
 > games instead of one didn't hurt Michigan's vault to the maid of
 > honor's spot, either (which was my justification for ranking the
 > Wolverines higher).

From what I've heard about the UM-LSSU saturday game, Michigan almost
forgot that it was a two game series, too.  Fortunately for Michigan,
they escaped, but it sounds like they were pretty lucky.

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!

The above commentary, which does not *even* represent the opinion of
the American Mathematical Society, is sold by weight, not by volume.
Some settling of the contents may have occurred during shipping.