Sender:
From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 10:59:07 -0500
Allow me to put in a plug for Mark Mowers as HE Rookie of the Year.  Mowers
was named last week's HE Rookie of the Week (for the second time this
season), according to today's Boston Globe, for his 2 goals and 6 assists
against Northeastern and UMass-Amherst after being moved up to first line
with Eric Flinton and Eric Royal.  His gorgeous pass from the left corner fed
Brian Muir for the game-tying goal in UNH's great comeback against
Northeastern Friday night in Manchester.

Mowers has impressed me all season long with his speed and savvy around the
net.  However, I am most pleased with his excellent two-way skills, something
rarely seen in a freshman.

BTW, we attended our first game at JFK this past Friday.  I thought that
Matthews Arena and the Garden had no center ice, but it barely exists in JFK.
 It really affected UNH's game.  It must have been strange to go from that to
the Olympic-size sheet at UMass's Mullins Center for Sunday's game!

This weekend's series between Lowell and UNH is a big one for both teams.  A
sweep by UNH would be sweet (although I expect a split), and would lenghthen
the gap between the top three in HE and the rest of the pack.