Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 1994 09:36:48 -0400
>I've been watching the Buddy Powers development unfold on
>Toledo's CBS TV affiliate the past few days, and it was quite
>humorous last night.  [Btw...the story unfolded on Hockey-L
>much earlier. :-]

Yes, but Channel 11 was the first media outlet to report
definitively that Buddy was going to be named. The "leak"
was traced back to someone in Albany, not to someone in BG. Several
BG media were kinda pissed because they were scooped by the
"out of towners".

At the press conference, someone asked ME who my source was
for my HOCKEY-L article, and I had to say "Channel 11".

>Anyway, they showed scenes from the BGSU press conference
>last night [I looked for Keith, but they didn't show much of the crowd].

I can hide pretty well. There were a lot of "glad handers" there
to congratulate themselves and the Powers family. They have lots of
friends in BG. I was behind the glad handers eating a donut.

>The news anchor and the sports guy were having a good time
>behind the desk, mentioning Powers went from assistant at BGSU
>to head coach at RPI to head coach at BGSU...saying it was "kinda
>like a farm system".

Yes, the same anchor who said "I will miss Jerry York because he was
a good coach, but what I'll really miss is his eastern accent." Nobody
ever won an Academy Award for local news chit-chat.....

Keith