Sender:
From:
"Dujmovic, Mike A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 1994 08:17:00 CDT
According to an article in the July 12, Chicago Tribune all sports at Notre
Dame will be a part of the Big East with the exception of the football
program.  However, the article then goes on to specifically state that
hockey, fencing, lacrosse and women's golf will compete in other conferences
because the Big East does not field teams in those sports.

The article also gives a break down of which schools make up the Big East in
both  football and basketball.  Based upon that list, I see that there are
several colleges on the list with hockey programs.

But I feel the main reason for Notre Dame joining the Big East was to
bolster its basketball program, and only its basketball program which has
fallen on hard times lately.

Mike Dujmovic