Sender:
From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 14:30:06 EST
The Harvard and Northeastern Women's schedules will not be ready
for a few more weeks.

I understand that Middlebury, Bowdoin and Boston College have joined
the ECAC Women's League.  That brings the number of teams to 15.
As I hear it, the three newcomers will play everybody once, but will
not be part of the travel partner system for the first year.  Again
this year only one game against a league member will count in the
league standings and therefore determine the playoff seeds.

There is also word that UNH has brought back its scholarships for
women's ice hockey.  Providence College and Northeastern are thinking
about doing the same next year.  It seems it is hard to sign talent
when the Ivy schools etc. offer good financial aid packages.  All I
know is that sounds good for my dream of having Hayley Wickenheiser
(TCW 94) come to Northeastern or Harvard in a few years - yes!!!!

/
 good shooting
 rhun