Sender:
From:
"Michael T. Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 11:33:24 -0500
        Has anyone seen this movie before? Here's a clue... Last year Clarkson
played RPI in the first semifinal game while Brown and Harvard waited for the
late game. Clarkson's band was in one corner diagonally opposed to the RPI
band and Brown and Harvard filled the other two corner sections. I guess this
weekend we will all feel like we've been there before in more ways than one.
The only difference is the fact that this time Clarkson will be the "home"
team in it's semifinal game where as last yearRPI wore the white jerseys.
        Lake placid is a great place for the ECAC's (especially for all of us
from Potsdam since we don't have to go far and can get alot of fan support).
The place will rock once again this year. All four teams had their share of
difficulties and successes in the quarter finals. RPI had a lowsy game against
Union on Friday as well as Brown's getting stunned by Vermont. Harvard and
Calrkson narrowly missed disaster on friday but had better luck Saturday.
        All in all, once again it is ANYBODY's game and anyone who believes
their favorite team is so superior that they will undoubtedly go all the way
is probably in for a shock.
        I have a feeling that the Friday night game between RPI and Clarkson
will be a shootout of sorts. Maybe a battle of the offense on that wider
Olympic ice surface. We will have to see.
        By the way, congrats to Union on their season. I'm sure we will all
hear more from them next year.
        Now down to business..... Let the games begin and the better TEAM and
(band) win!

LETS GO TECH!
THE MISSION CONTINUES!

M.C.