Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 12:24:47 -0500
Sender:
From:
"Michael T. Croce" <[log in to unmask]>
        I am very excited about this weekend's Route 7 Series as I have seen
many people refer to the Union RPI battle by this name. My actual home is
not all that far from the capital region. I have been to see games at both
RPI and Union. I also agree that the papers and the television news casts
have in the past not given Union much coverage but things are changing.
This season has been the start of something big for Union and I don't
believe that it will end when the Dutchmen's season ends.
        A friend of mine thought that maybe Union is so much better now because
it finally graduated many it's division III palyers. I guess this could
be one of the possible explanations. From listening to a few Union games on
the radio during vacations, I have gotten the impression that their freshmen
are the ones who are making it happen. This is a scary thought since they will
all have long careers ahead of them making life less than comfortale for all
of us who are used to having our teams beat Union.
        Anyhow, I hope they play the games of their lives this weekend. I
will be anxiously awaiting the out of town scores in Cheel while the
Golden Knights are in the process of sending the Red Raiders to the golf
course. I think it's possible to see Union vs. Harvard in the first round
at Lake Placid. We will all have to wait and see.

LETS GO TECH
"They always seem to peak at the right time..."