From:
Savannah Sessions <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Savannah Sessions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2022 10:56:25 -0400
Hi, ME-Libbers!

Just wanted to put out a low-urgency APB that today's episode of On Point
from WBUR is all about libraries and intellectual freedom. I just caught a
short snippet of the program on my drive between campuses, but I plan to go
back and listen to the whole thing later. The guests I heard were Deborah
Caldwell Stone of ALA's Office of Intellectual Freedom, Patrick Sweeney,
Political Director for EveryLibrary, and George M. Johnson, author of All
Boys Aren't Blue. As usual, Meghna isn't afraid to ask the tough questions
and the short snippet I heard had me considering ideas I hadn't considered
before (pretty good because I think about IF A LOT!).

Here's a link:
https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2022/09/08/what-happens-when-school-libraries-ban-books

Enjoy!
-Savannah