From:
Rehmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 08:57:03 -0500
Hi,

At the Liberty Library, we are thinking of replacing our 2 very old
computers in the Children's Room with iPads. My questions:

1. I am trying to figure out the history and age of the 2 old computers.
They were obtained in the same manner as in many other Maine libraries. I
don't know their brand (I am not at the library) but they use Windows 98 OS
and they have a red key in the task bar that you have to unlock in order to
install any programs on them or change settings. They have an actual metal
key that you use to unlock them. They came with several Magic School Bus
games. Does anyone know the history of how they were obtained? I'm guessing
it was about 10 years ago?

2. If anyone is using iPads in their Children's Room, what is your set-up
and procedures? I especially want to know what type of case you put them in
and whether you are happy with them. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Barb Rehmeyer
Liberty Library