From:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:04:21 -0400
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund. Balzer & Bray, 2013. ISBN
9780062006165.

     Readers of Diana's previous book, For Darkness Shows the Stars, may
feel like I did initially when they open this book. I was a tad confused
for the first ten pages or so because I was expecting to pick up where
the first book left off. Once I realized this was the same world, but a
whole new ball game, the story grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I have
never read The Scarlet Pimpernel, but that really didn't interfere with
my enjoyment of this book. The author has created another group of
amazing characters in another part of her world, people who are
interesting, aren't afraid to risk everything for what they believe in
and pull off some really crafty raids to free people in terrible
situations. You're treated to a hint of what will come next near the end
of the story, but I don't want to spoil the plot for those who haven't
read the book yet. If you did read the previous book, do not hesitate to
get this one. You won't be disappointed. If you missed her two about
evil unicorns, Rampant and Ascendant, treat yourself to a couple extra
helpings of really good YA fiction and then settle back to imagine where
her next book will take us.

--
Check out my eBook The Wizard of Simonton Pond,
http://www.ebookdiscovery.com/JohnClark.html