From:
"Eastman, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eastman, Jeff
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:33:14 +0000
Hello MELIBS,
A number of weeks back, I offered unused copies of books by the author Richard Ford to anyone who wanted them, and I am back to repeat that offer now. When Richard Ford was moving out of his house, he offered extra copies of his books to the Maine State Library with the hope that we would be able to distribute them to any other libraries in the state that wanted them. I gave away some, but I still have boxes of books that can be yours for the low, low price of simply asking.

The titles in chronological order are
A Piece of My Heart
The Ultimate Good Luck
The Sportswriter
Rock Springs
Wildlife
Independence Day
Women With Men
The Granta Book of the American Short Story (editor)
A Multitude of Sins
The Lay of the Land
The New Granta Book of the American Short Story (editor)
Canada (several signed copies as well as unsigned copies)
Let Me Be Frank With You
Between Them: Remembering My Parents
Sorry for Your Trouble

These are hardcover and paperback, American and British editions.

I have many in foreign languages too. Greek, Korean, Spanish, Catalan, French, Portuguese, German, Danish, Romanian, Czech, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Italian, Chinese.

I have some audiobooks:
The Lay of the Land on CD
Independence Day on tape
A Multitude of Sins on tape read by Ford
"Jealous" from Women With Men on tape read by Ford
Selected Shorts: The William Hurt Collection (3-disc set of the late William Hurt reading short stories on the public radio program; includes one story by Richard Ford plus three others)
A few German CDs

Lastly, if you know of anyone else in your community - a retirement home, a school, a hospital, a prison - that could use these books, I would be happy to send them along. Even a phone number of anyone who might take them - I don't mind calling and asking them myself.

----
Jeff Eastman
Collections and Digital Initiatives Section Supervisor
Maine State Library | 242 State Street | Augusta, Maine 04330
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 207-287-6696