From:
Laurel Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurel Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:33:01 -0400
This question may have been answered in this forum previously, but it's
just come up at my school, so I'm hoping that someone out there has some
experience with this issue and can answer this question.

A teacher is looking for an audio version of a book his class is studying
for a student who needs the scaffolding.  I was only able to locate one
used copy on amazon, but the cost is prohibitive.  We have, however, found
a version on iTunes. The iTunes Terms of Use states that a user may burn an
audio playlist to a CD up to seven times. Would there be any copyright
infringement if this teacher burned a CD of this audiobook for use by his
student?  It seems that the Terms of Service covers it, but we want to be
sure we're making and using a legal copy.

Thanks in advance.

--
Laurel Daly
Lower and Middle School Librarian