From:
Jon Knepp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Knepp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2021 14:38:37 -0500
Hello All,
To make a long story short, our library is not currently tracking wireless
usage statistics. Our wifi router works really well, so we don't want to
mess with it too much. I have been doing some research and came across this
site:
https://www11.maine.gov/msl/libs/tech/documents/Wirelessstatsinstructions.pdf
It details tracking wireless stats by changing the router to a specific
mesh WAP and then using google analytics to track logins to a splash page
set up on the library's domain.

Has anyone had any success tracking stats with a less invasive maneuver?
I'd really like to not replace our router and add another barrier to
getting onto our wifi network with a splash page. Is there a piece of
hardware I can place between the router and the Internet and monitor
traffic through that? For specifics, we have a D-Link DIR-890L, here is the
user manual:
https://media.dlink.eu/ftp/products/dir/dir-890l/documentation/DIR-890L_A1_Manual_v1.00(EU).pdf

Thanks in advance,
Jon