From:
Rick Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:32:09 +0000
***Please excuse the re-posting of this message, but with many on vacation earlier this month, I wanted to make sure that everyone had a chance to see it.***

The Bates Dance Festival is recognized internationally as one of the premier summer festivals of modern dance and, IMHO, happens to present some of the best performance art that takes place in Maine, year-round, therefore a couple of us here at LPL (Marcela Peres and I) would like to try and arrange a Library Libations gathering at the Festival on Friday evening, August 9.

The full "Libations" gathering would be to get together for a $5 dinner special in the Bates College New Commons building at 6 p.m. on Aug 9 and then head over to Schaeffer Theatre to see the 7:30 p.m. "Different Voices" dance concert (see link below for concert details).  Following the concert everyone would be invited over to Gritty McDuff's brewpub in Auburn for actual libations.  (Of course, anyone who could not make the 6 p.m. dinner would be welcome to come at 7:15 for the 7:30 concert.  Tickets for the concert are $25.

If you are already a modern dance fan, you're probably well aware of what takes place on the Bates campus every summer (if you're not aware, you definitely need to check it out!).  For those of you who haven't experienced much of this type of dance, the lineup for this particular concert is a perfect introduction to the range of performance art that dance encompasses.  You'll experience some awesome dance artists and musicians from around the world presenting their latest work.

We'll need to get a commitment count ahead of time in order to get a block of tickets, so please give this some thought and get back to us by Friday, July 26.

Finally, for those of you thinking 'dinner in a college cafeteria-I don't think so!,' I can assure you that the spread at Bates is excellent (lots of fresh, local veggies and salad stuff, etc.) and well worth the $5.

Link to concert details:

http://www.batesdancefestival.org/EventNotes/DifferentVoices13.html

Rick Speer / Marcela Peres
Lewiston Public Library
Rick: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (207) 513-3119
Marcela: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (207) 513-3135, x3507