From:
Nancy Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2019 16:35:46 +0000
Rich,

Thank you for sharing this sad news.  The newspaper tribute was wonderful.  As Miriam Pyke said, Bob was a character. I can't vouch for his being "authentic" - somehow I feel like Bob would deny that with an appropriate quip.

I'll cherish the memories of Bob's wonderful stories - some philosophical - some howlingly funny.  This gift is an undervalued benefit of getting to spend time with our professional colleagues whenever the opportunity presents itself.

My condolences to his family and his many friends and colleagues.

Nancy

Nancy E. Crowell
Library Director
Scarborough Public Library