From:
"Ritter, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ritter, James
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:39:35 +0000
Good morning,

Today, a number of state cultural agencies will be providing introductory testimony to their legislative committee of jurisdiction ó the Joint Committee on Education and Cultural Affairs (EDU). The purpose of this testimony is to make sure that they understand what the Maine State Library does, and what programs the budget supports, because this committee ultimately recommends support of budgetary issues and/or legislative issues pertaining to MSL or libraries, etc.

As part of this testimony, I will share with the committee the status of the Maine School and Library Network (MSLN) and the issue of declining Maine Technology Education Access (MTEAF) funds, as well as underscoring the value of librarians as a Trusted Professional.

If you wish, you can tune in to an audio feed around 1:00pm.  The library could be called to testify anytime between 1pm and 3pm.  The link is below.

http://legislature.maine.gov/committee/#Committees/EDU

For anyone interested in learning more about the work of the Maine State Library, please feel free to download our 2015 Program Evaluation Report to the legislature.  Iíll be drawing many of my remarks from this report.

http://digitalmaine.com/msl_docs/74/

-Jamie

James Ritter
State Librarian