From:
Abigail McGuire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Abigail McGuire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:55:45 -0400
The Board of Trustees at NGPL is looking for a new LIBRARY DIRECTOR. We are
looking for someone who has an appreciation of libraries and service to the
community.
We are a small community library that has been open since 1897. The
position is 10 hrs per week, $20/hr. MLS not required. Responsibilities
include working at the library on Wednesdays 6-8pm and Saturdays
9:30am-1pm. The other 4.5 hrs would be spent either at the library during
off hours or remotely. The library is staffed by volunteers on Mondays
(3-5:30) and Thursdays (3-5:30). We are also open Wednesday mornings
10-11:30 for story hour. There is currently a children's
programmer/marketing coordinator.
Responsibilities include:
1. Ordering and cataloging books, ordering and maintaining supplies
2. Verifying bills and referring them to our treasurer
3. Arranging and staffing (with assistance from volunteers) special events
such as author talks, candidate talks, and coordinating our annual
fundraisers such as the spring plant and book sale, holiday book and craft
sale, and spring open house
4. Providing an annual report of circulation and attendance to the library
board and state
5. Computer skills are required
If interested in this position, please contact Kathy Corbett at