Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2022 09:41:09 -0400
Sender:
From:
MLA Legislative <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, again, ME-Libbers!

From Topsham to Norridgewock, Wells to Gouldsboro, Harrison to Houlton - we
have been getting so many great responses to Library Snapshot Day, we've
decided to open it up to this week as well! Since many of you are likely
already collecting data this week, maybe you'd consider filling out our
little form as well? Please have all of your data entered by October 15th!

See below for more information and thanks!

Have you found yourself wondering “what would happen if libraries went
away, even for a day?” This is the driving question asked back in 2007 by
New Jersey library workers that gave us Library Snapshot Day. The MLA
Legislative Advocacy Committee is pleased to present Library Snapshot Day
2022 and we hope you’ll join us!

Library Snapshot Day is about collecting data, yes, but it also aims to
shine a light on the impact libraries have on communities. And we want to
share that impact with elected officials, decision-makers, and other
community leaders. The best advocacy work we can do is proactive and
Library Snapshot Day is one more tool for raising awareness. Please plan to
join us for Library Snapshot Day 2022 and let others know what awesome
things you do everyday by sharing one day.

What you will do:

   -

   Pick any day during the week of September 25 - October 1, 2022
   -

   Take a picture of your library in action
   -

   Track the data and fill in the quick survey linked here:
   https://forms.gle/7jG6zuLrGFxkErFZ6
   -

   Attach your picture at the end of the survey

That’s it!

What we will do:

We’ll send you a personalized, snappy little one-pager to share with your
elected officials and we’ll put together a complete report for the Maine
State Library to share with state and national leaders.

Please visit https://www.mainelibraries.org/event-4972418 for more details. If
you have any questions, comments, or thoughts, please email
[log in to unmask] We can’t wait to read your stories!

Sincerely,

Your MLA Legislative Advocacy Committee

Savannah Sessions + Amy Stone