MEFIND-L Archives

MEFIND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Julie Forbus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2022 12:26:52 -0400
If you get a call from State of Maine--yes, it really said that on
caller ID--207-624-4778. The caller asked for Reference, then thought
a few minutes, then asked for a list of all the lawyers IN THE UNITED
STATES.

I told him we had no such list, but he might be able to find something
online, and when he told me he didn't have access to the internet, I
ended the call.

The phone number is registered to a cell phone out of Augusta, so if
he is really working for the State of Maine, I'm pretty sure they have
internet.

We got the weird calls where the guy wanted us to read to him, too.
What the heck?

Julie
Madison Public