MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:11:36 +0000
Today’s Statewide Zoom Meeting - August 31, 2021 @3:15 p.m.

MSL- Continuing Statewide Conversations

https://zoom.us/j/91658311120?pwd=eTNYVXBocTYwUlU0VXhvUkxwOHpkUT09

Update on ARPA Formula Grants

  *   256 eligible public libraries
  *   196 libraries registered on the Online Grants Portal
  *   7 libraries declined the grant
  *   53 libraries not yet registered

Grants awarded to date: $481,750  (197 libraries)

ARPA process and notes

  *   We know many libraries are waiting for DUNs #s. We will reach out, a few libraries that have not included the DUNS do indeed have DUNS #s.
  *   We are also waiting to receive VC#s for 13 libraries.  Thanks for being patient
  *   Please register if you have not sone so. Applications can be submitted before September 15 if you are already registered.
  *   Any library having a difficult time with boards or selectman, We are happy to provide a letter about these library specific ARPA-LSTA grants that have no impact on municipal funding.

Update on COVID from Maine CDC

Maine Hospitalization Data

  *   Hospitalized: 136

  *   In ICU: 69
  *   On Ventilators: 28

Maine Vaccination/Breakthrough Case Data

    62.79% Total Maine Population (all not eligible) vaccinated

    71.27% Total eligible vaccinated

    844,076 Mainers Fully vaccinated

Breakthrough Cases: 1,818 (.2%)

  *   Total COVID-19 cases since first date that Maine residents could be fully vaccinated: 40,313
  *   COVID-19 associated hospitalizations among breakthrough cases: 89
  *   Total COVID-19 associated hospitalizations since first date Maine residents could be fully vaccinated: 917
  *   COVID-19 associated deaths among breakthrough cases: 29
  *   Total COVID-19 associated deaths since first date that Maine residents could be fully vaccinated: 243

Other ARPA

Beanstack

MSL will continue Beanstack for approximately 40 libraries that asked for continued support. That contract will run from October 21, 2021 – September 30, 2022.  MSL will run a beta program with small, rural libraries as “branches” of an MSL Beanstack site. Please contact Kara Reiman if you have questions about your Beanstack status. There are 40 libraries with “active sites that did not express an interest to continue that will have to notify patrons that the site will be taken down. We are working on the contract documents with Zoobean now.

Zoom Pro via Networkmaine

We created a new contract with Networkmaine for Zoom accounts. MSL expects we can continue to fund ZOOM with “regular” LSTA depending on federal allocation for 2022.

Bendable

We held 2 Zoom sessions last week and Drucker is taking information from these two and the previous five face to face meetings to design test pages that will be discussed during stakeholder meetings that will be held in October. During the winter we will  move into discussing paid and other content.

LSTA Five Year Plan Evaluation
MSL is working with evaluators from QualityMetrics for our required 5 year plan evaluation. We will be reaching out to create small focus groups to work with our evaluators on getting feedback on federally supported programs. More on that next week via email.

Thanks all,
Janet

Janet McKenney
Director, Library Development