Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2022 10:19:06 -0400
Sender:
From:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
HardScrabble Kids: Semi-magical tales of Maine Paperback by John Rogers
Clark IV
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Sennebec Hill Press (July 20, 2022)
Paperback ‏ : ‎ 263 pages
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 9798986476605
$13.99
Also available as an eBook @$5.99
Available through Amazon

Myrna, Icky, Sara (with no H), Greg, and everyone else in these stories
face a challenge. Some are more serious than others, but all seem daunting
until a bit of magic comes along to help them. Challenges include helping a
Revolutionary War ghost find eternal rest, coming up with a way to thwart a
bully thanks to some football drills, an outhouse that serves as a
transport system, time-traveling wildlife, a gift from a priest that saves
a girl and her friend from a demon, and an alien stuck in a mall parking
lot.
Follow along through sixteen stories and one novella as these Maine teens
and youngsters find ways to overcome what at first seems impossible.

Bibliographic record is already in the Maine Balsam Library consortium
catalog and I can provide a text copy for other library systems upon
request. I'm hoping to do some author events at schools and libraries now
that the book is available. At least two stories were the result of
suggestions by Deb Buker and Nancy Grant.

Regards,
John Clark

--
John R. Clark