NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Ken Grindle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2024 12:17:54 -0400
*Change Management Notification*

*What is Happening?*

On Wednesday, May 15th, 2024, UMS:IT Data Center Operations Staff will
initiate a data migration from our current aging Netapp storage system to a
new platform. This process will occur in the background and is expected to
take between 2 to 4 weeks for completion. We will provide another update
upon final cutover and completion of this migration.

*Why is This Work Necessary?*

The disk drives in our current storage system are reaching end of life and
will no longer be supported or replaced by the vendor. Upgrading to a new
system is essential to maintain data integrity and ensure ongoing support
from the vendor.

*Contingency Plan*

In the event that this migration encounters any challenges or is
unsuccessful, we have procedures in place to promptly address any issues
with the vendor.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this important
transition. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
contact [log in to unmask] or 207-581-3550.

Ken.

Ken Grindle
Director Of Data Center Operation
University of Maine System