MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Samantha Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:20:31 -0400
Hello to all of the MEEOA Members!

I hope this message finds you all well and enjoying the last bits of summer
sunshine.

As Terri and I move forward with planning the 2018 MEEOA Conference, we
wanted to share a few updates with you all. This year, the conference will
be at the Black Bear Inn from Thursday January 11th-Friday January 12th.
Thank you all for your participation in our survey that asked about dates
and workshop ideas. We took the feedback into consideration and found a
time that was best for the most people.

As for workshops and volunteering, we need you all!

We got some great feedback on ideas for who could do some workshops, but
before we reach out to those people, we’d like to see if they want to
volunteer themselves. If you have an idea for a workshop, please email us
back to let us know with a short description of your workshop by Monday,
October 16th. We look forward to hearing your wonderful ideas!

A new development this year (based on the feedback we received) is to do a
“speed-dating” type workshop. This means having about 6 workshop presenters
all sharing for about 10 minutes in the same session. If you have an idea
that you think could be a quick sell, please share it with us and send in a
proposal by October 16th!

Finally, we are looking for volunteers to help us with the conference. We
have already heard from UMaine Upward Bound that they will volunteer to
help with registration and our own UB at USM colleague, Alyssa West that
she would like to be the auction coordinator-thank you UMaine and Alyssa!!!

For everyone else, we still have a lot of jobs to fill! Here are some of
the positions we are looking for:

-Workshop committee

-Moderators for workshops

-Donation Coordinator(s)

As this is our first time planning a professional conference, if there is a
job that you think we are missing, please let us know!

Best wishes from your 2018 MEEOA CO-Chairs,

Sam Prosser and Terri Plummer

--
Samantha Prosser
TRIO Upward Bound Advisor

Pronouns: she, her, hers
This message and its contents are confidential. If you received this
message in error, do not use or rely upon it. Instead, please inform the
sender and then delete it. Thank you.