NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2024 10:12:32 -0400
From:
Ken Grindle <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Sys Admins <[log in to unmask]>, Network Operations Center List <[log in to unmask]>, "US:IT database administrators" <[log in to unmask]>
*Change Management Notification*

*What is Happening?*

Wednesday 6/26/2024, at 5:00 AM, the new NetApp nodes will take over the
primary function of serving data for the cluster. The old nodes and drives
will be removed and decommissioned from service. This process is
non-disruptive.

*Why is This Work Necessary?*

This is the final step in the migration process to our new storage system,
ensuring data integrity and ongoing support from our vendor.

*Contingency Plan*

In the event that this migration encounters any challenges or is
unsuccessful, we have the vendor on site to promptly address any issues that
could arise.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this important
transition. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
contact us at [log in to unmask] or 207-581-3550.

Ken Grindle
Director Of Data Center Operation
University of Maine System
(207) 581-3556