From:
Anthony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 10:28:49 -0800
OK, Bob, sounds like a plan. A hockey book. .... hmmm. I already have
one problem in mind that is a takeoff on the mowing problem:

If  Zamboni A can clean the ice surface in 5 min and B takes 10 min, how
long would it take for both to do it assuming no interference?

On a more serious note, to get ballpark numbers (scuse me, hockey rink
numbers) for a cleaning time I would base it on my observances, maybe 10
swipes of the length of the rink, maybe 30 sec per swipe, so 300 sec or
5 min or so would be reasonable.

Sorry to you all for the physics-geekness here.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64 (Physics)