From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 10:27:23 -0600
Well, its been a very interesting year so far.  Yesterday the Badgers lost
for the 2nd time this season, but that still leaves them with an 8-2 record.
Not only is that far better than preseason pundits thought they would have,
but the Badgers traditionally do best towards the end of a season and often
start slow.  They also have found a way to win on their home ice - something
sadly missing last season.

So what's going on?  I suspect it may be Jeff Sauer.  After the disaster of
last year, the U did not give the almost automatic extension on his
contract.  Suddenly, a wake-up call.  When you have been coach of a team
"forever" you can get complacent.  Maybe he's taking coaching a little more
seriously this year.

I'm not at Madison so this is all very speculative on my part.  Does anyone
else have some thoughts to offer?

Tom Rowe                                          [log in to unmask]
Home of Division 3 National Champion Pointers
89, 90, 91 & 93 and National Runners Up 92 & 98