From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 06:14:39 -0500
The Vermont-RPI game that was televised by satellite last weekend went
into overtime.  The overtime was 5 minutes long.  Perhaps my memory
is faulty, but I thought that college hockey overtimes were 10 minutes
long.  Does anyone know when the length of overtimes was changed, or if
I just don't remember this correctly?  I am positive that the overtimes
in the RPI-Duluth NC$$ semifinal game in 1985 were each 10 minutes
long, but perhaps playoff games go by different rules.

Ralph Baer  RPI '68, '70, '74