From:
Marcus R Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcus R Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 10:47:25 -0500
Howdie all you Hockey-L ers!    In Case you don't remember who I am, I'm
the person who first wrote about the POINTS Dilemna between PC and Maine.
I have read all of the ideas which people have suggested about what we feel
should be done with the points.  CHARLES F O'BRIEN recently writes that
maybe PC should get points for ties and Maine lose all the points.
        He is right when he says that the proposal is "modest", but I don't
think it's quite the fairest thing to do.  I do understand that no matter
what any of us have to say at this point isn't going to make a heck of
a lot of difference, but maybe someone could be told of our (or maybe it's
just mine) concern about what to do.  I don't know about the rest of you, but
it seems to me that the decisions was not made by policy, but by a coin toss.
Would the same decision be made with different coaches in five years from
now.
        I guess what this message is trying to say is that there should be
a set way of deciding points, not just have some bigwigs sit around a table
and decide.

        On a last note, I believe that it was Howard Quimbly who suggested
that in a case like this the season be decided by win percentage instead
of by points.(?)  I think that this is in fact the best idea.

Any more questions or criticisms????

Marcus Day
UNH Sophomore