Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 23:21:59 -0400
        After reading a whole lot of material about the Joubert incident I
think it rivals the battle of the bands as most messages sent in about a
subject (Wayne or Mike Machnik could probably confirm).  I think if we can all
take away a moral to this story it is that hockey is a great game and we
shouldn't let incidents like this one spoil it.  Perhaps if fans learn to draw
the line on suitable heckling and players ignore some of the more off color
comments, incidents like this one can be eliminated.
        The sad part is that people who saw what happened will remember that
before they remember the game they came to see.  We all have read postings
from people backing up player, fan, both or neither.  The truth is that neither
the player or fan came away with anything positive and it is really unfortunate
that the entire situation had to occur.  Rather than trying to forget this
incident the College Hockey Community (players, fans etc.) should learn from
this and make sure it never happens again.  Good hockey should never have to be
overshadowed by nonsense such as what we all read about.

                                                        -Bob Hoffman