From:
Jim Baines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 91 16:41:44 EST
ALL eight Hockey East teams play their final game on Saturday.....

First, a look at the top three spots, all going for the HE title....
If                                     Then
-----------------------------------    --------------------------------
Boston College beats Boston Univ.      BC wins the Hockey East outright
BU beats BC & UNH beats Maine          BC still wins, BU 2nd, Maine 3rd
BU beats BC & Maine beats UNH          Maine wins outright, BC 2, BU 3
BC ties BU & Maine beats UNH           BC & Maine share title, BC 3rd
BC ties BU & UNH beats/ties Maine      BC wins, Maine 2nd, BU 3rd
(Series records: BC 2, UM 1; UM 2, BU 1; BC & BU 1-1.)

UNH (vs. Maine) and Providence (vs. Northeastern) are tied for fourth.
The #6-8 spots are locked: Merrimack, Lowell, Northeastern.

Those are the facts, now for some opinions......

GO BLACK BEARS!!!  (and I don't say this much, but)  GO BU!
*ahem*
Actually, it's anybody's guess what will happen.  BC has a tendency
to lose when they shouldn't, but they're in the driver's seat this
time, and want revenge from the recent Beanpot loss.  Maine almost
always has New Hampshire's number, but the Wildcats are much improved
this year.  All BU can hope for is second place, so we'll see how
motivated they are (even though a win against BC is ALWAYS welcome).
Too close to call.  We'll see this Saturday!
|Jim Baines, a.k.a. "Sportscaster",  BITNET: IO60312@MAINE           |
|"Fill the Steins to Dear Old Maine..."  GO BLACK BEARS!!!           |