Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1993 22:08:36 EST
UMaine rebounded from last night's shocker to earn a hard-fought victory
over the BU Terriers 5-1 tonight at Alfond.  The two teams traded early
goals in the first, and then the defenses and goalies took over as Allison
and Herlofsky put on a show in the second frame.  Tied 1-1 going into the
third, UMaine tore the game open with 2 quick goals, then an empty netter
with 2 minutes left. On the ensuing faceoff UM broke in and Justin Tomberlin
put a beautiful shot over Herlofsky's shoulder into the top of the net
while we were still singing the Stein Song from the Empty Netter...
Just like last year, there were fisticuffs, and it looks like the folks
in the Hockey East Office might be looking at some videotape this week
and handing out a suspension or two...Fortunately the refs were in the
right place at the right time, and it didn't get ugly like last year at
Walter Brown...
All in all a good weekend in Orono, especially since I didn't see last
night's loss, and I finally got my ring from last year's 42-1-2 Championship
Season...

I'm sure someone will be posting the box score and more game info later, right
now its off to watch more replays of BC's win over ND today...
(thats football, not hockey BTW)

JHF
University of Somewhere
Class of Sometime...

"February 19, 1993: A date which will live in infamy!"