From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1993 12:42:00 EDT
Hi Dave,

Bill Fenwick publishes the HOCKEY-L Poll (by Wednesday noon, most
weeks);  see Bill about re-publishing.

Erik Biever, Keith Instone and Tim Danehy/Robin Lock publish weekly
rankings.  Note that the rankings are calculated, each with a
significantly different algorithm.  Erik's RPICH is important because it
most closely resembles the ranking of the NCAA tournament selection
committee.  Keith's TCHCR and Tim's/Robin's CHODR are important because
they are mathematically excellent.  Tim's/Robin's has the additional
feature of being able to predict scores of upcoming games.

I'm not sure that the pool or any of the rankings could be produced in a
timely fashion for ATU ...  people would need to discuss this (producer,
ATU, and enabler).

As administrator, I would appreciate knowing about republishing of your
postings from HOCKEY-L.  Before you enable republication of other's
posting from HOCKEY-L, please obtain permission from the administrator
(me) *and* the author.

E-mail addresses of those folks mentioned here are as follows:

   Erik Biever     [log in to unmask]
   Bill Fenwick    [log in to unmask]
   Keith Instone   [log in to unmask]
   Robin Lock      [log in to unmask]
   Tim Danehy      [log in to unmask]

cheers,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]