From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 91 14:15:27 EST
Well, I didn't make it up to Durham for Friday's game against BU, but I do
have a box score, which is probably even better.

UNH 5, Boston University 3  (at Snively Arena, Durham NH)

BU (17-9-2)	2  0  1 -- 3
UNH (18-8-2)	0  3  2 -- 5

1st:  	BU, Keith Tkachuk (Tony Amonte, Dave Sacco) 3:17
	BU, Amonte (Pete Ahola, Scott LaChance) 17:49

2nd:	NH, Dominic Amodeo (Jim McGrath, Savo Mitrovic) 5:26
	NH, Riel Bellegarde (Bob Donovan) 7:56
	NH, Greg Klym (Bellegarde, Kevin Thomson) 13:30

3rd:	NH, Mitrovic (Joe Flanagan, David MacIntyre) 4:34
	NH, Chris Winnes (Flanagan, Amodeo) 8:55
	BU, Amonte (Tkachuk, Shawn McEachern) 15:17

Saves:  BU, Scott Cashman 34;  NH, Jeff Levy 25.
Attendance:  3530  [5th sellout this year]

A good comeback win for UNH.  It pulled them into a short-lived 4th place
tie in Hockey East (Providence beat Lowell Saturday to take over 4th).
There are two really good things about this game:  it was a big, needed
Hockey East win for UNH, and the Wildcats got back to outshooting their
opponents, something that hadn't happened during their bad month of
January.

Other Hockey East stuff:  I agree with Mike about Northeastern in the
Beanpot.  The Maine-Northeastern game was on NESN Friday night, and the
Huskies played right with Maine for about half the game.  Maine's superior
firepower eventually took its toll (9-3, Black Bears), but I think
Northeastern is playing better (they also only lost 4-3 to BU last week).
BC shouldn't take them lightly.