From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1993 08:23:02 EST
I'm cross posting this to Hockey-l so you people can see that college hockey
    isn't the only one that gets Shafted by the NC$$.  Hockey-lers wishing to
     reply please do so off the list.

  The GLIAC regular season and Tournament Champion MTU Lady Huskies finished
    26-2 on the year and are #1 in the great lakes region. The NC$$ has always
    awarded the host to the Number 1 seed, so with hopes high we waited for the
    announcement last night.  Game times for the Hockey playoffs were held up
    until game times were announced for basketball.

  But.... as we are accustomed too from the NC$$ they decided last night that
     coming to the UP of Michigan was too remote for them and awarded the host
     to second seed Indianapolis.  This is unbelieveable.  The HUskies earned
     the right to host and had it taken from them.  NMU and MTU have traveled
     to Kentucky the last 2 years and now MTU has to travel again. thats 5
     travel times down there, why can't 3 teams travel here.

  This in my opinion is the worst bungle the NC$$ has made in its long storied
   history.   Excuses i've heard range from too remote, to not enough gate
   money for the NC$$, to not enough hotel rooms left. (hey i got extra rooms
   I'll be glad to put up a few people!)

  The Lady Huskies worked all season towards their goal and avhieved it, now
    the NC$$ says NOT.  I would fully support them if they decided to take a
    vote and tell the NC$$ to shove it where there is no sunshine, and stay
    home!   The least they could do is pay our expenses to travel since they
    took it away from us.

  The above views are mine and do NOT NECESSARILY represent the views of the
    University. (altho privately i gotta believe they are close!)  ;-)

                          Bob