From:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1993 09:01:59 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> Steve Kapetanakis
 <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>During last Wednesday's Northeastern - Providence game an icing
>situation was waived off and I'm not exactly sure why.  Here's
>the situation: [mostly deleted]
>
>Providence coaching staff is screaming that the puck went thru the
>crease, and in doing, icing should have been waived off.  McBride
>told them, and I was sitting directly behind the bench and heard
>this first hand, "that's only in the NHL"

The official made an obvious error, and used a poor excuse to make up
for it.  I wonder if the coach bought it or not.          -- kennyz

--
Kenny Zalewski -- Computer Science Department; Intramural Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180